So, you want to get the best baby jumpers and bouncers for your baby in 2020? You’ve landed on the right page. Before I show you which ones are worth the money and the best place to buy baby jumpers, let me tell you a bit about what your wonderful baby stands to gain from what you’re about to purchase.
Jumperoos, also known as baby jumpers or bouncers, are one of the most common baby products on the market, and they are designed for baby girls and boys. They benefit your baby in the following ways:
1. Baby jumpers are primarily designed for fun activities and entertainment. In the process, your baby can move their legs, hands, and other parts of their body in a natural fashion. This translates to physical exercise which can help in developing your baby’s leg muscles and strength, while keeping them healthy.
2. A Baby jumper can help your baby walk better by helping them develop pre-motor skills fast. During all that bouncing and jumping, your baby learns how to put all their weight on the lower part of their body and maintain balance.
3. Jumperoos can keep your baby occupied for a long time due to the number of fun and entertainment options crammed into them. This leaves you time to work on other things while your baby plays, requiring little supervision.
4. They help your baby sleep better. Exercise equates to quality sleep for your baby, the same way it does for you.
5. Jumpers provide mental stimulation and help your baby learn faster, differentiate between colors, enhance their visual/auditory senses, and more.
I could go on and on. The benefits are so many. Now that we’ve gotten that out of the way, let me show you the baby jumpers you should be considering buying in 2019 with the best rated baby jumper reviews below. Some of them have been the best since 2016, all through to 2017, 2018, and this year.
1. Fisher-Price Animal Activity Jumperoo
This cool baby jumper from Fisher Price is one jumper you wouldn’t want your baby to miss out on experiencing. With its 360-degreee spin seat and the entertaining animal activities available on it, your baby is sure to go wild with excitement. Just imagine what your baby could do with a froggy teether, or a lion slider, or an alligator. It’s fun in the animal world with this jumper.
The excitement never stops as your baby is rewarded for every jump they make with pleasant and fun lights, sounds, and songs. What does your baby stand to gain from all of this aside from tons of fun?
- Sensory development: Your baby’s senses are still in the early stages of development and will need all the help they can get. The sounds and bright colors help with that.
- Muscle development: The very act of your baby jumping, reaching, balancing, and playing in a jumper like this is like a gym workout. These activities strengthen your baby’s fledgling muscles.
- Healthier baby: Your baby stays in top shape, both physically and mentally.
- All round 360 degrees of play. Any direction your baby turns in, there’s something to play with.
- The height can be adjustable to accommodate changes due to growth.
- Activities are rewarded and encouraged with lights, sounds, and music
- Lots of colorful toys to play with
- The seat pad can be removed and washed in a machine.
2. Baby Einstein Neptune’s Ocean Discovery Jumper
If you’ve ever delved into the world of baby jumpers, you’ve probably heard of the name ‘Baby Einstein’, a popular brand in the space. This height-adjustable baby jumper from the same brand is currently one of the best selling ones on the market, and it’s the best Baby Einstein jumper. This is an ocean-themed baby jumper that provides a gateway to deep sea exploration for your baby using underwater images.
Your baby can rotate in 360 degrees , jump, and stretch their legs with ease from the jumper seat while playing with all the fascinating toys – a starfish holding a self-discovery mirror, a crab spinning inside a clear ball, an octopus paddle toy – and flash cards displaying real images of the deep sea to boost your baby’s vocabulary.
There is a removable sea turtle activity center which supports English, French, and Spanish Languages. This activity center is designed to help your baby discover colors and numbers in the aforementioned languages, and it can be customized with your baby’s favorite toys.
Parents who own this jumper can sit back and watch their baby dance and jump on the baby bounce chair that comes along with this jumper, therefore strengthening their leg muscles and improving their overall health.
- Easy to adjust height in four positions
- 360-degree ocean-themed discovery and activities for your baby
- Bouncy seat rotates to keep your baby occupied and entertained
- Multiple languages are supported in the removable sea turtle station activity center
3. Skip Hop Explore and More Baby’s View 3-Stage Activity Center
Want a baby jumper that grows with your baby? Why not check out this one from Skip Hop. It has a 360-degree spin seat which is also capable of stretching to allow your baby bounce. It was designed with the aid of a pediatrician, so you can be sure you’re getting an excellent baby product. This jumper takes a whole body approach to helping your baby learn and play.
With the discovery window, your baby can have a view of their feet while playing and learning. This improves your baby’s sensory capabilities to develop special awareness and learning. What’s more? Skip Hop’s jumper comes with system clips that can be used to attach toys anywhere on the activity center.
This jumper is not only easy to assemble, but it is easy to clean, and its legs are removable for easy storage. There’s a foot support platform underneath it that can be adjusted to suit your baby’s height.
Your baby can choose to bounce and play, sit, or swivel on this jumper while taking advantage of the over 25 developmental activities included in it. Lastly, as mentioned earlier, this jumper grows with your baby. As your baby grows and begins to stand on their own, you can convert this jumper to a sturdy play table for playing, coloring, and more as pictured on the right.
- It has 3 stages of use and converts to a play table as your baby grows
- Designed for babies 4 months old or older.
- Discovery table with feet and piano view
- Musical light-up piano with 3 play modes – song, piano, and motion sensor
- Four movable toys are included – peekaboo clouds, swaying stars, etc.
4. Disney Baby Finding Nemo Sea of Activities Jumper
With more than 13+ activities to engage in and toys to play with, there’ll be absolutely no boring moments for your baby inside this Disney baby jumper. All the real Nemo characters are present in this jumper, from Dory to Bruce the friendly shark. These characters are also removable so your baby can go with them and experience the fun of playing with Nemo characters wherever they are.
You won’t need to worry about this jumper becoming useless in a couple of months because its height can be adjusted as your baby grows. A baby jumper wouldn’t be so exciting without lights and music. Thankfully, there’s an integrated tummy toy that lights up and plays ocean-themed tunes when your baby interacts with it.
As the underwater adventure with Nemo characters begins, you’ll watch your baby steer their ship in whatever direction they want thanks to the 360-degree rotating seat, play with their favorite Nemo characters, sea themself in a baby-safe mirror, and delight in dancing lights and sweet songs.
- Nemo rollerball toy station with sweet ocean sounds and dancing lights
- More than 13 engaging activities and toys
- Interactive squirt-themed piano
- New Buckles with green straps
- You can add your baby’s toys to the starfish shaped loop
- Characters can be removed so your baby can play anywhere
5. Jolly Jumper Baby Exerciser With Super Stand
Whilst there are other baby jumpers made by Jolly Jumper, this particular one that comes with the super stand is the best (and most expensive) of them all. Jolly Jumper has been in the business of providing physical fitness and fun for babies since 1948. Not a thing has changed regarding the quality of their products.
This baby jumper exerciser combines the best features of other models into one and it’s the best baby stationary jumper on the market today. It has a sturdy frame that is extra tall and folds flat to ease storage and improve portability. Its spring action adds extra bounce to the jumper. This feature is great for more active babies that enjoy harder bounces and greater fun. The saddle seat keep your baby’s posture just right to support their fragile spine while they exercise.
This standing baby jumper is great for improving your baby’s coordination, balance, rhythm, and strengthening their muscles. You can use it outside or inside your home, so your baby can enjoy the sunrise and sunset with you or have fun playing in the comfort of their home. Moreover, this jumper will suit small and big babies alike, its height can be adjusted, and it can be assembled easily without any need for any tools.
- It’s a portable baby jumper, easy to store, and perfect for small and big babies
- Freestanding, so no need for doorways thanks to the sturdy stand. This stand also makes it possible to use the jumper indoors and outdoors.
- It’s safe to use as it supports your baby’s spine and keeps them in the right posture during exercise.
- The spring adds more intensity and fun to your baby’s bouncing playtime.
Types of Baby Jumpers
When it comes to baby jumpers, there are 3 options you’re looking at:
- Activity center jumpers: These are jumpers designed to not just exercise your baby, but to entertain them as well. They are called activity centers because they include lots of fun activities your baby can engage in. They are also known by their alternate name, exersaucers or saucer jumpers. The first 4 jumpers featured on this page are exersaucers. They are bigger and take up more floor space. Some activity jumpers can also function as walkers, known as baby jumper and walker combo.
- Stationary jumpers: I’ll start by saying the 5th jumper on this page is a stationary jumper. It’s similar to a doorway jumper, only that it doesn’t require a doorway and can be used indoors and outdoors. You can also take it along with you for your baby to travel with because it is portable as well.
- Doorway or baby door jumpers: These come with straps that clamp to the frame of your door so the jumper hangs off the door frame. You can’t use them without a doorway, and they are inconvenient if you pass through the same door frequently.
What to Look For in a Baby Jumper
- Height adjustment options: This is crucial because babies grow, and they grow fast. Without the ability to adjust the height, you may find yourself looking to purchase another jumper in a few months because your baby overgrew the previous one. Height adjustment is also important to ensure proper positioning of your baby’s feet on the floor and to make it comfortable for short babies and tall babies.
- Baby age and size limit: This is usually included in the baby jumper product information, so take note of that and choose the right one that suits your baby before buying. The size limit will help you determine if it will suit a light or a heavy baby.
- Jumper dimensions: Some jumpers take a good amount of space, particularly the activity centers. So be sure you have enough space for the one you intend to buy by checking its product dimensions before making the purchase. Doorway jumpers are the best for small spaces and for moms and dads who want to save space. The ones that come with a stand (stationary jumpers) are also great for small spaces since they can be moved easily and used outdoors.
- Easy to clean seat: Whether you like it or not, your baby has the tendency to mess up the seat. The easier it is to clean, the better for you when it inevitably happens. Seats with plastic exterior are easier to sanitize and clean.
- Short bungee cord: The longer the bungee cord your baby hangs off, the farther the jumper can swing your baby, which can lead to a higher risk of injury. So, always buy a baby jumper with a shorter one as opposed to longer ones.
How Old Should Your Baby Be Before They Can Play in a Jumper?
It is generally recommended that you wait until your baby can hold their head up firmly with complete neck support before putting them in a baby jumper. This can take up to 3 months, and sometimes longer. Additionally, all baby jumpers have an age limit. Be sure to check the age limit of your jumper before putting your baby in it. For additional safety, please endeavor to read and follow all the manufacturer guidelines.
Safety Considerations for Baby Jumpers
- Height adjustment: To check if the height is properly adjusted, look at your baby’s feet. If they are tip-toed or flat on the ground, then you’re doing it wrong.
- Duration of use: Whilst baby jumpers are designed to exercise your baby, help them have fun, strengthen their muscles, and improve their senses, they can also have negative effects on your baby when used too much. Be sure to limit playtime to 15 minutes to avoid these negative outcomes.
Over to You
So, there you have them – the best baby jumpers to buy today on Amazon. You can buy these jumpers at the best prices through the links below their reviews whether you are in the US, Australia, UK, Canada, or anywhere else in the world. I recommend Amazon over other stores like Baby Bargains.
Babies love jumpers because they feel free to move around as much as they want when they are in it. You’ll love it too because it will give you the freedom to do what you want while your baby enjoys some fun time. Happy baby, happy life!